Banana bread is one of my favorite weekend things to make because it’s so quick and easy, and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. Plus, who doesn’t love waking up to the smell of it baking in the oven?! This is one recipe that I refuse to “doctor up” to make healthy… Instead I opt for quality ingredients and allow myself the indulgence!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a third bowl, beat butter and sugar until lightly fluffy. You’ll need the butter to be very soft for this. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir banana mixture into butter + sugar mixture.
- Add banana + butter + sugar mixture to flour mixture until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Halfway through baking, cover with foil.
- Cool, cut a big slice (like the one below), and enjoy!
Brand Shoutout (totally unendorsed)
Below are some of my favorite brands for this recipe, and just to have on hand in general.
Forager Organic Vanilla Cashew Milk (Seriously, guys, this stuff is the JAM! I can’t get enough of it right now.)