Gluten Free, Keto-Friendly
I’m in love with fat bombs. And, furthermore, I love it when people ask me what a fat bomb is. Because how do you explain it?! It’s, literally, a bomb of fat. And it’s delicious. And whether they’re sweet or savory, they’re super simple to make and always contain the yummiest ingredients.
A few other highlights of fat bombs:
- They’re the perfect (keto) snack – you prepare them in advance – in bulk, and grab them when you’re on the run.
- They can satiate you for hours – no joke. If you get your ratios right, 1 little fat bomb should hold you over until your next meal.
- They’re great bridge for people struggling with sweet-tooth cravings when trying to get into steady ketosis (side note – did you know cravings completely GO AWAY when you’re actually in ketosis?!).
- They’re an easy way to increase your healthy fats and get into ketosis quickly.
- They’re just delicious. Period.
I’ve tried a few fat bomb recipes, but this one is by far my favorite! It’s quick and easy, and with just a few simple ingredients you’ll yield a ton of satisfying results! You can doctor this up any way that you want… And play with the ratios! If these don’t work for you, adjust as needed until you find what does. That’s the awesome thing about ketosis – you get to tailor it to fit your needs (and you still get to eat chocolate!).
- 2 Theo Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- Raw Slivered Almonds
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Add dark chocolate, coconut butter, and coconut oil to a double boiler (I just put a small non-stick pan inside a medium size sauce pan that is about 1/3 way full of water – make sure edges can rest on the top) over high heat. Melt to liquid, stirring frequently.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour chocolate mixture onto paper.
- Sprinkle with cacao, almonds, and coconut.
- Put in freezer until hardened.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Brand Shoutout (totally unendorsed)
Below are some of my favorite brands for this recipe, and just to have on hand in general.